The medical centre offers the possibility to book eye exam appointments for patients that require an eye check-up, prescription glasses, specific healthcare services and diagnostic imaging.
Specific ophthalmology examinations are provided for the following:
- Paediatric specialist visits, carried out even in the first days of birth;
- Specialist visits for the diagnosis and follow-up of retinal diseases such as senile macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy;
- Specialist visits for the diagnosis and follow-up of corneal diseases such as keratoconus;
- Specialist visits for the diagnosis and follow-up of glaucoma;
- Ergo-ophthalmological evaluations for company employees (professionals in the fields of video display terminal, non-destructive testing, welders, etc.);
- Refraction tests especially for laser or surgical treatments for pathologies such as myopia, farsightedness and astigmatism;
- Eye fitness exams for the use of rigid or soft contact lenses;
- Outpatient minor surgeries such as removal of chalazion or small eyelid growths.
Instrumental diagnostics provided includes:
- Corneal topography for the diagnosis and follow-up of corneal diseases such as keratoconus;
- Computerised visual field;
- Utrasound corneal pachymetry;
- Daytime tonometric curve;
- Orthoptic evaluation and Hess-Lancaster screen;
- Farnsworth D-15 dichotomous test for color blindness;
- quantitative and qualitative tests on tear functionality and dynamics;
Other tests available:
- Test for determining the genetic risk of AMD, which is a new genetic test performed on using a saliva sample that allows to estimate the genetic risk of onset and progression of age-related macular degeneration;
- Test for adenoviral conjunctivitis, a quick and innovative diagnostic test performed on tears for the identification of adenoviral conjunctivitis which allows to limit the, perhaps, unnecessary use of ocular antibiotics.